Coming Soon to
Historic Park Theatre
Coming Soon to
Historic Park Theatre
Meet & Greet Wendy Koenig who is running for Mayor of Estes Park. On March 19th, 2020 she will answer questions and tell you about her agenda for Estes Park. Join us for a very special Evening at the Historic Park Theatre fro 6:30pm to 7:30pm for fellowship, questions, answers and some light snacks. Thursday March 19th 2020 from 6:30- 7:30pm.
What you should know about Wendy:
ESTES PARK MAYOR CANDIDATE: Wendy Koenig
ELECTION: April 7, 2020- Town of Estes Park
* As your Mayor, I pledge to: Represent all residents in all matters that come before me.
* Actively listen to opinions of residents as I deliberate on those matters.
* Explain my positions on key issues, initiatives, referenda and policies which may affect residents, businesses and the Town.
* Foster a respectful and productive work culture among Town Employees and Town Board of Trustees by encouraging their full participation in discussions and planning that result in fiscally sound solutions beneficial to residents, businesses and visitors.
* During week one of my term, schedule professional instruction for Town
Board Trustees and myself regarding the ethics policies contained in the Town Board Policy manual including recusal circumstances and procedures for disclosure. And to have such instruction provided to us annually for the duration of my tenure.
* In the first 90 days of my term, hold a series of events through which input will be solicited from young families about quality of life issues they face by residing in our Town.
*Request Town departments and Town supported entities to annually report to residents about emerging issues, trends and challenges.
* Review Master Plans of the Town
— giving emphasis to uncompleted
— to determine, which projects are relevant to current citizen project goals, and are cost effective enabling planning for completion of
My Past: My parents moved from Boulder and I attended school K-12 in Estes Park,
graduating in 1973. I am a two time USA Olympian running the 800m; participating in my first Olympics while a senior in high school. I attended
Colorado State University on a track scholarship and received the first Mencimer
Memorial Award for most outstanding student
-athlete. I returned to Estes Park in
1987 to raise my three children in a community that cares about the individual accomplishments of our youth. I worked three jobs, sometimes commuting to Fort Collins
,to provide a living for my family. I opened Community Hearing
Center and provided audiology services from 1989
- 2017 at my office as well as
the Estes Park Medical Center and the Prospect Park Nursing home. I donated my services to the school district to test the hearing of our children in Estes Park for many years with the help of the Estes Park Lions Club. Teaming up with Quota
Club and Lions Club, many received hearing aids from my office at no charge. My services were donated.
I served on the following Community Boards: Estes Park Medical Center, 10 years
-one year as President; Estes Park Senior Center, one term; St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church Vestry, one term. 2010
–2018 I served as a Town Board
Trustee, including one term as Mayor Pro Tem.
I joined the Estes Park Lions Club in 1991 and served as their first female president. I remain a proud member today. When my son and his friends had no Webelos leader for cub scouting, I became their leader and parents provided programs for our
Flying Eagles. I believe during all my years in business and serving on various community
boards, I have established a reputation as one who is innovative, actively listens and explains the reasons for my decisions with transparency. I am passionate about improving the quality of lives for youth and young families. I am asking you,
as a voter, to allow me to continue my passion for moving our community forward in this new decade! Let us Move Forward Together.