2017 LEGO® Competition Feb 10-24
2017 LEGO® Competition
Hello Lego Lovers,
Happy New Year to all! The Historic Park Theatre is going to show The Lego Batman Movie
starting Feb 10th, 2017 through at least March 2nd. To have some fun here in Estes we are
having a Lego-building competition for the Estes Park community.
Competition DETAILS: LEGO® Competition – Rules & Regulations
DATES: Feb 10th thru Feb 24th, 2017
ENTRIES SHOULD BE TURNED IN AT THE HISTORIC PARK THEATRE but might also end up being displayed at various sponsor locations around Estes Park (different sponsors will have different categories- display areas include: Mocha Angelos, The Estes Park Library, the YMCA and the Historic Park Theatre). Display will be from your turn in date until March 2nd. Then we will have you pick up your Lego creation at the historic park theatre after March 3rd.
REGISTRATION: Fill out both the registration form and the display form. Build your best and show off your LEGO® building skills - Use your imagination and build an original LEGO® creation using your own plastic LEGO® bricks. (kit creations can still be displayed but cannot be up for prizes. All entries will receive a free small popcorn.
These are the rules: Build it at home with your best LEGOS®, only one submission per person.
1. All entries for this contest must be submitted prior to 5pm on Feb 24, 2017.
2. To be eligible for prizes you cannot use a LEGO® kit for this contest. Examples of this would be the Star Wars Battle Ships, NASCAR Race Cars, Motorized Building kits.
3. You must build something completely from scratch using your own imagination to be considered for a prize.
4. It must fit in a 36″ x 36″ area and can be no taller than 60″.
5. There is no limit to how many LEGO® building bricks you can use. Use as many as you want within the size limits described above.
6. Judging will be done using the following criteria: Creativity, Imagination, Appearance, and Degree of Difficulty. Your entry will be judged when you turn it in. A photo will be taken of your entry. If your entry for some reason is accidently broken while be displayed have no fear you will not be judged on that unfortunate but normal LEGO® event.
7. All awards will be decided on Feb 25th, 2016 and ribbons and prizes awarded upon pick up of your LEGO® creation.
Sponsors for the LEGO® competition include: YMCA, Chicago’s Best, Baba’s Burgers, Mocha Angelo’s, Kind Coffee, The Mountain Shop, Elkins Distillery, Lumpy Ridge Brewing Company, That 1 Jewelry Store, The Trail Gazette, EPTV Channel 8, and Estes Park News. Amazing Prizes!!!!
1. Anything around Estes, (examples: Fun City, The Brewery, Samson Elk Scene, RMNP sign, McDonalds, etc).
2. Super Hero (not Batman)
3. Everything Batman, incl. Gotham,
4. Everything & Anything!
Age Groups: 5 and under, 6-11, 12-17, 18 and up.
Our Prizes come from our sponsors: Estes Park Mountain Shop, Kind Coffee, Chicago's Best, Baba's Burgers, That 1 Jewelry Store, Lumpy Ridge Brewing Co, The YMCA of the Rockies, Mocha Angelo's, and Elkins Distillery.
Our advertising sponsors include: The Trail Gazette, EPTV Channel 8 & EP News.